The Mercedes Benz S-Class it, according to MB themselves, “The best or nothing.” With it’s innovation, comfort and dynamic performance, the all-new 2015 S-Class Plug-in Hybrid adds to the Mercedes Benz reputation.
With incredibly advanced technology that scans the road ahead to determine most efficient energy usage of the gasoline engine and electric motor, and systems that automatically prepare the electric motor to maximize power recovery, the S-Class PHEV still has all of the standard features that Mercedes-Benz has become known for.
The S-Class Plug-in Hybrid arrives in Spring 2015. No pricing or availability details have been given yet.
- Combined power output of 436 hp, 479 lb-ft of torque (3.0-liter V6 gasoline engine + electric motor)
- Acceleration: 0-to-60 mph in 5.2 seconds
- Electric range of 31 km
- Battery Capacity of 10 kWh
- Customizable energy-use drive modes: Hybrid, E-Move, Save, Charge
- Next-generation regenerative braking system
- COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS
- Adaptive High Beam Assist
- Available Head Up Display
- Available PRE-SAFE® Brake with Pedestrian Recognition
- Available PRE-SAFE® PLUS rear-end collision protection
- Available DISTRONIC PLUS with Steering Assist
- Available BAS PLUS with Cross-Traffic Assist
- Available Active Lane Keeping Assist
- Available Burmester® High-End 3D surround sound system
- Available heated armrests, consoles, steering wheel and rear seats that are also ventilated and power- and memory-capable
- Available customizable amenities such as multicontour massage, four-zone climate control, power foot rests and calf rests, as well as folding tables and heated/cooled cupholders